Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Wiggly Baby

Bath time is fun time for Chloe and a work out session for me! Serious, you will burn at least 300 kcal bathing a wriggling 7 kg baby.

I have to confess, I still bathe her in the sink then transfer her to her baby tub for play because it is so much more convenient and safe. These days, she is no longer contented staying still while I clean her. She will dangle her leg over my lap and swing it while I struggle to keep her hand off my face when I wash her hair. She will blow saliva bubbles and grumble when I wipe her face. After sitting her down on the sink, she will start her ‘free flow’, hands and legs all over. The tap, the sponge and anything within her reach would end up in her mouth. Sometimes, I wished I had another 2 pairs of hands to grab hold of her.

How difficult is it to dress a baby? Grab her legs, slap on the diaper and pull a shirt over their head. Right! Our little mischief thinks otherwise. She will grab her romper from the bed, fling it around and proceed to put it into her mouth. So now, romper has saliva, happy. After sliding the fresh diaper underneath her bum, I will apply her bum cream on soonest before she brings both her legs to her mouth, preventing me from sticking on the 2 sticky tapes by the sides. Faint! Today, she adds to the level of difficulty by pressing her bum up with her feet and wiggle sideways then rolled over! I have to pull, tug and reposition her diaper umpteenth time.

By this time I would be perspiring while she lie on the bed smelling fresh and clean grinning at me. She thinks it’s a game mama is playing with her, me coaxing her fingers out from her mouth, gently pulling her feet down and patting her bum. As she gets bigger each day, she’s also getting smarter, trying to gain a hold over everything, very soon she will want to have her say.

I have to admit it is quite tiring at times, especially when she stays up the night before, but that big cheery smile and babyish giggle is enough to wash off everything and charge you up instantly. After all, she’s not 5 months old everyday and very soon we will be missing these funny moments. As the quote goes ‘Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time.’



1 comment:

j-dee said...

That is so true ... I feel like I'm getting a work out whenever I have to give Sera a bath, wearing her diaper and then her clothes. Phew ... a major workout indeed. Ha ha. Our little wiggly worms.