Sunday, April 8, 2007

Jealous!

Chloe's having lots of 'first time' this whole week, her personal milestones. And last night she did a few and one which I'm REALLY jealous of. Well, she rolls over (nothing new) and fell asleep on her tummy. We were surprise cos it's something which she doesn't like before. I think that's because she's too tired from all the rolling. Hee...ee ... And then she woke up about 10+ p.m. (with a pool of saliva on the bed, now you know why Simon's complexion is getting better) and decided to play!

Yes! We tried tummy-to-back for fun and she did 1 on her own! Applauds!! She has got it but still not very good but it's there, just a matter of a few more flips before she's a pro. : ) I feel like a prata man, flipping roti pratas on the bed.
Okay, that's 2 first-time. And this one, argh... I'm jealous!! Chloe called 'Papa' first!! How can that ever happen?! Sob! Sob! I'm going to label it, as a one-off, baby babbling, sounds alike.

We're lazing on the bed after play and she was laying side ways facing me and started her baby babbling, 'Ow, ow, ow, oh..he.' Then suddenly, she goes really loud. 'Ah, buuu, buuu, aaa... ba.. pa..pa!' Simon and I looked at each other and I was like she did she just called papa? Simon is just so excited, grinning from one ear to the other. 'Chloe, say mama, MA MA, MA MA.' She squeals with delight, stick her fingers in her mouth and smeared my face with saliva.

Mum said I called 'Mama' first when I was 6 months old, looks like she's not going to follow my footstep. Oops! I said that's a sound alike. ; p

2 comments:

j-dee said...

Ok, the truth is Chloe didn't really associate 'pa pa' with her real papa. Ha ha. This is confirmed by our pediatrician ... because when I proudly informed her Sera had said 'ma ma' already, she laughed and said babies at this age don't know how to associate yet. But no worries, soon enough ... just wait!

sunny daze said...

Hee..ee I must tell Simon this cos he has since been trying to coax another 'papa' from her. : )