Thursday, November 1, 2007

She's Walking!

She flashed me a smile, stood up and put her right foot forward, then landed on her bum with a thud. Got up and try again, landed on her bum again. This time round, she managed a step without falling. She sat down and fiddle with the T.V. remote control, thinking of her next move. She looked at me for a while waiting for some kind of encouragement. I was just an arm length away from her, holding my breath, hiding my excitement. I held out my hands and in a most nonchalant tone, 'Chloe, you can do it. Keep trying.' Then all of a sudden, with a look of determination in her eyes, she stood up holding the remote control in her hand, took 4 steps from the TV cabinet and landed in my arms.

Only then did I start announcing, 'B, Chloe's walking! She's walks towards me!'

Yes, Chloe has learnt how to walk or waddle. 1 November 2007.

No photos as I do not want to distract her. Her love for my camera and mobile phone will take her away from anything she is engaged in momentarily.

1 comment:

j-dee said...

Way to go Chloe! Now the fun really begins ...