Thursday, March 19, 2009

School Holidays!

Just how much I missed school holidays? Extreme! I think I looked forward to it more than anyone else. It means no alarm clocks, no 5 more minutes snooze and some extra hours of sleep after my never ending night feeds.

Hmm.... heaven. Wrong, Chloe woke up at 7.45 am, 15 minutes later than my usual alarm and announced, 'EK UP! Ek (Wake) up, mummy. I want to eat mum mum, go to school.' My bubble burst. Not too bad, I can let her play in the room while I take another 30 mins of power snooze. 'Eh...h.'. 'Good morning, Raphael! Mummy, Raphael! He ek up.' Pop! My second bubble burst. Time to rise and play.

Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming... in the ball pool. She was doing some serious back stroke, front crawl and whatever gets her to moving. So fun! Why can't they build an adult size or even better an adult playground, with super long slides, trampolines, tunnels and bouncy castle.

Whee...eeeee...! You hear them before you see them.

Dinner for the very hungry people. And this is the kiss of the century known as the 'Pumpkin Kiss'. For the perfect pumpkin kiss, you got to slurp a mouthful of pumpkin soup from the bowl, make sure you spot pumpkin soup moustache, then you 'SMUACK!' loud and forceful onto your beloved daddy's face. On days with no pumpkin soup, you subsitute with drool, result equally good, if not better according to Chloe.

Her first encounter with candy floss. Let's get it right, the 'kid' who was eyeing the candy floss machine throughout dinner was Simon, not Chloe since she didn't know what that pot standing there can produce. Her eyes glowed when Simon brought one over, bigger than her head. Father and daughter were fighting over it and stuffing their face with it. The sugar rush....

Small one for Chloe, big one for daddy. I'm urging Simon to finish it up, EAT! 99.9 % for daddy and 1% for Chloe. Relax, mummy.... I know it's just sugar.

How to do the 'Pumpkin Kiss'


CGS - The pumpkin soup kiss from Evangeline Ng on Vimeo.

No comments: