Thursday, November 20, 2008

Fly like a butterfly

Off we go, field trip to the butterfly park in Sentosa! I have never visited the butterfly park before cos I deem it as boring, just butterflies flitting about, not staying long enough for me to have a good look. Nay, not for me but I was totally wrong! These creatures with paper thin wings are not just beautiful but so interesting, I learned so much about them and had so much fun 'catching' them.

The early birds waiting for the group from school.

Killing time by posing with giant dung beetles statues.

Surprise! You not only find butterflies but birds in the park too. Toucans, lories, iguana and snakes as well.

See what I meant? I caught and pinned this guy on my shirt. I was so worried that I'll tear their beautiful wings when the guide handed me this beautiful butterfly. But no, rest assured, he flew off in one piece.

Do you know butterflies comes out from a chrysalis not a cocoon. Eric Carle, you have to do something to 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar'.

Hundreds of butterflies are hatched and released in the park everyday for visitors to touch and feel.

Do you know that the butterfly's wings are made up of tiny scales and they feel like suede.

Hold them by both wings and clipped them to wherever you want.

This is not a rubber snake. It's real! My second time having one coiled around me, a smaller one this time. The first one was a python in the zoo when I was 10 years old. Chloe touching it and is about to pull it for closer examination. I handed it back to the guide before she has any chance of giving it a good tug. Gulp!

Music session after the visit. Chloe dancing with her friend, Chloe.

Not a single butterfly or any other creatures are hurt or died in our hands during our visit.

No comments: