Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy Birthday!!!


Yes! October! Chloe's birthday month! I know, 25 more days but how exciting and how much I'm looking forward to it. Magical number, they call it the 'terrible twos' and I'm sure the 'terrible' did not start at 2, it started the moment you are here. Moments of terrors but buckets of happiness.

When you were just here after spending 9 months in my tummy, you were a little lost and afraid of the new environment, there were times when you cried and wailed and we had no idea what to do. Nothing can appeased you except cuddling you throughout the day with you sleeping on my tummy at times. The familiarity of my heart beat and warmth somehow calmed you down and lulled you to sleep.


Chloe, this is here for the record :), you were a total breastfed baby for 17 months. Yes! 17 months! And you did not like the milk bottle, you hated it. You drank from one less than 10 times and that's because I'm either I'm at the salon or the doctor's. Breastfed babies are supposed to have 6% higher IQ than babies who drank formula milk but I guessed you have another extra 1% cos you drank yours 'fresh' 99.9% with all antibodies still alive.


We were there to cheer and applaud you on your first roll over, your first crawl, your first step and now your beloved dadad is also applauding your first perfect flip over from the sofa, your mummy is not clapping for this one.


Dadad and I were talking about you the other day and he said 'Chloe is only this small when we brought her back and now her kicks are so powerful.' See, you loved to crawl over in the early mornings, snuggled between us with your head on my pillow and your feet on your dadad's chest. (Missy, you don't just put your feet there, you land them there with a big bang. Ouch!)


It dawns on me today that I'm having simple conversations with you these days and sometimes even negotiations before bathe time for the extra 5 minutes of cartoons. You said 'Delicious!', (quite a BIG word, to me at least) earlier on after chomping down a cookie and I don't think I know what 'delicious' was when I'm 23 months old.


Chloe: 'Mummy, where is Mickey bag?'

Me: 'I have no idea.'


(You walked into your playroom)

Chloe: 'Mummy, found it.'

Me: 'Ok, you need my help to sling it?'


Chloe: 'No thanks, mummy. I'm going to buy fish now.'

Me: 'Ok, see you later, bye.'



Chloe, you are so adorable, ya I know I say that many times a day. You are so capable of making my blood boil one moment but sent me into a laughing fit the next. You love almost everything that moves, from cockroaches to frogs and dogs of all sizes, in fact the bigger the better, I meant the dogs. You love your food, everything especially udon, the way you slurped it up. You love climbing everything and is not afraid of falling, you rolled down the stairs once (5 steps). You love dadad, your superhero, who can fix and mend anything (including the cracks on the wall which you always reminds me), the one who lets you have your way with everything. You love Raphael with all your hugs and kisses.

And of course WE LOVE YOU! Happy 2nd Birthday!!

No comments: