Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Somersaults

It is not funny when you are showering and you hear excited shouts like this.

Simon: 'Dear, she's turning somersaults! She's doing it by herself! She did 3 already!'

Me: 'Ya! Okay!' (Wait a sec, somersaults?! Where did she learn that from?)

5 minutes later... I can still hear muffled laughter, excited screams and claps.

Simon: 'She made me turn her properly cos she keeps falling to the side instead of over but she did a perfect one!'

Me: 'You better stop! All that upside down action will make her very active and it's 10 pm now!' (I figured out she learned that from her gym class.)

Simon: 'She don't want to stop! I think she did like 10 or 12 already!'

15 minutes later, I came out looking at an upside down baby with hands on the bed, peeking at me between her legs, grinning. An equally happy papa who is also grinning from ear to ear looking so proud at his daughter's 'achievement'. And me, I stood there shaking my head while listening to a very detailed account of daddy's darling's latest achievement.

No comments: