Friday, February 29, 2008

So Chloe

So what is Chloe like at 16 months old?

She can and loves to eat by by herself, feeding herself with a spoon, poking her veggie with a fork and just eating with her hands, refusing any help. Meaning if you feed her and she unknowingly took it, she will spit it out. She wants to drink from a cup with or without a straw, holding it by herself, no help wanted. Which simply means she took a big gulp, choke, cough, explore with her cup of water, another sip, spill whatever is left all over her shirt and floor.

Enjoying her pasta with salmon.

This is so much more fun, spoon and fingers.

Next, she wants to bathe herself and stay in the tub for the next 3 nights. She tries to take off her shirt (which wasn't very successful, shirt got stuck on her head) and put it in the laundry basket. She imitates me soaping her, washing her face and drinks from the tub using her little boat. (I didn't drink from her tub) Ewww...! And finally, when it's time to get out, she stays put. She just shakes her head, going into konasana (like a turtle).

She loves accessories! Bags, shoes, hair bands and clips which unfortunately at this point she can't do much except with hair bands. She wears her Mickey sling bag around the house, puts on a hat or band, pick a pair of socks from the wardrobe, puts on an extra t-shirt. My little fashionista!

We have to stop her from grabbing another 2 more bags from the hooks by letting her parade around the store with this one around her neck.

Her pink band.

Pink hat, pink tee, pink shorts, pink socks. I didn't plan this. :) She chose the socks herself.

Presenting Miss Spidergirl. This girl can climb onto anything. Sofas are nothing, so are chairs. Tables and toilet bowls are more challenging. The table, she started out standing on the chair earning a smack on the butt from me, which did not deter her. In defiance, she went onto the table and showed me her widest smile.

The toilet bowl, that was my fault. She just wanted to know why mummy scribbles her face with some many different pencils and brushes, so to find out she climbed onto the toilet bowl for the best view. Wow! So exciting! The make up box! After monitoring me for a few days, she picked up the eyelash curler and pretended to curl her lashes, took the puff and powered her face and applied moisturizer on her face. Is that adorable or what?

I love her, I love her, I love her... ... ... ... ...

Yes! I am a step closer to Mount Everest.

Hanging on the edge, pulling herself up

Almost there

Ooo... so exciting!

(And why is the dustbin on the ledge of the shower? To stop Ms So Helpful from throwing almost everything she deems garbage inside)

1 comment:

j-dee said...

Chloe, oh Chloe ... I think you and Sera will bring the house down when you two are together! Evan, I feel somewhat comforted knowing that Chloe's antics are no different than Sera's! Ha ha. I guess it's normal after all ...