Thursday, July 5, 2007

Food Game & Strategy

We have the good and bad food days and by that I don't meant cooking and serving lousy inedible food. It's the level of difficulty to get food down our little girl's throat, glurp, I'm beginning to sound like a bad mama now, force-feeding babies. Chloe has freshly cooked meals 90% of the time, the 10% comes from powdered cereal (which she totally refuses to eat nowadays), fromage cheese and baby potato puffs (like Nestle's honey star).

Between Simon and I, we have played the roles of different 'animals' and clowns singing nursery rhymes and we have to come up with new strategies each mealtime.

Strategy #101 - The Spaceship
I will load spoon with food then flies it around her to attract her attention. This must be done with lots of sound effects like in Star Wars. When she's really focusing on the spoon, flies spoon to the entrance (mouth) and hope that she takes it.
Success Rate: 3/5
Difficulty Level: 1/5

Strategy #102 - Singapore Idol
Singing! Just sing any nursery rhymes with lots of claps and funny expressions.
Success Rate: 3/5
Difficulty Level: 2/5 (A little breathless from singing with all the actions)

Strategy #103 - What You See Is Not What you Get
Show her a cookie or anything you have on your plate, the moment she opens her mouth give her the real thing. Yeah! I know, this is cheating.
Success Rate: 2/5
Difficulty Level 2/5

And of course the big mischief has her ever ready counter attack stance by beating the table and flinging her hands all over the place. Success rate of dinner on the floor 4/5.

Nice and clean. Chloe refuses to sit down for dinner, so we had her pose for a picture instead and this makes her very happy.

Baby spoons are deem not nice by her, she prefers my spoon. Flavor of the day, Milo!

Playing with her rice cracker. Most of the time, she eats like 20%, 40% will be eaten by me and the rest goes to Sunny. And Sunny is smart these days, he'll not beg for food, he'll help himself to whatever Chloe drops on her high chair after she gets up. I'm saving money from doggy snack. Yeah!





1 comment:

j-dee said...

Ha ha ha. I can really SEE you and Simon jumping around like clowns, or more like Simon because you're sitting down feeding her right? And singing! I've never heard you sing woman! Yes, we suddenly are forced to become very bad singers but I think our daughters loveeeeeee our voices nonetheless. I still remember those very trying times trying to feed Sera, I would get a little stressed during her mealtimes because I worry she doesn't eat enough but I think they actually do in the end. And then, I wonder maybe she doesn't like the food I'm preparing ... sigh, the things we have to go through huh.

Hey, one tip for Simon that really worked with Sera. JUGGLING! She loves it when Johan juggles ... so Simon, start practising if you can't juggle yet. It could be a life saver!