Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Gems

Before Raphael is borned, we heard horror stories of how the elder sibling will 'bully' the new arrival. Sneaking a pinch, slapping them or yelling into their ears when mummy is not looking. Gulp! Enough to sent me frantically looking for some kind of magical parenting books to prevent all these from happening but lazy mama here did not do that in the end. Instead, I just visualized that Chloe is going to be the sweetest ever big sister that Raphael is going to have, one who will sing lullaby to him now and give him all her candies next time.

Then I read reading and heard of this wonderful idea of 'Present from Baby', I went on a shopping spree on behalf of Raphael to get his big sister a present. The whole idea was to give Chloe the present when she visits us in the hospital and she will be so happy to get a present from baby and love him so much more. No sibling rivalry. Peace.

But things don't work out cos I bought a briefcase size cooking set which is kind of too big to lug to the hospital, I think Simon would freaked out if I were to carry the colorful polka- dot blue box complete with all the miniature cutlery and plastic burgers to the hospital. (Okay, I actually wanted the cooking set for a long time, so this is the best excuse to get it. Yes!) So in the end, there was no present from Raphael at the hospital. Raphael is the present, just that there is no ribbon round his tummy. :)

Sleeping so sweetly after his morning bath

Chloe patting Raphael, 'Baby, sleep, baby sleep.'

'Kiss baby. I luvre you.'

Raphael's face is now glistering with saliva



No comments: