Sunday, August 10, 2008

The fun things we do at home

Chalks. Reminds me of my primary school days.

Chloe sitting along the road scribbling with chalk with our neighbors' kids. We were heading out for a swim when we heard the laughters outside and Chloe couldn't resist this. She loves this since the last round she joined them, so much fun. They covered the pathways of 2 houses and made the place so colorful and cheery.

Time spent: 30 mins but 10 mins this round (cos we are going for a swim)

I know, we talk about this before. Painting. Since the last round, we got more different colors of paint by the bottles (not tubes anymore), the biggest ones I can find in the shop, so that they last very long and I don't have to stinge to make every drip last. We got more materials, cut out sponge, funky brushes like mini mops, brushes and even the brown toilet brush, the one that looks like coconut husk.

Sometimes, we picked leaves, paint them in different colors and stamp them to make patterns. Well, most of the time Chloe has her own agenda like say giving the dull and boring white shoe rack a dash of color or highlighting a patch of her hair green or doing some creative make-up on her face. No worries, non-toxic and the paint comes off with some soap and water, even those on her clothes. How I love Crayola!

Time spent: 30-40 mins (depending on my endurance level for the heat)

We have indoor drawing for rainy days. Just stick paper on the balcony windows and we have an instant easel. Paper? Just tear whatever size you want from the Ikea paper roll.

Time spent: Whatever (since I'm cool and comfy in the a/c)



This is her Do-Do pool. She calls Dora 'Do-Do'. After procrastinating for the longest time, I finally lugged this back from the toy shop, pumped it up with Chloe (saying 'up, down' with the pump like probably 100 times) and dragged it up to the roof terrace. She was so happy and excited that she didn't even noticed that her mummy is dripping in sweat, enough to fill an ounce of the pool.

Time spent: 45 mins (excluding negotiation time to get her out)

Next item on the list is a sand box. I'm going to look for the biggest tub in the provision shops and carry some clean white sand back from the nursery. Tah-Dah! My very own sandbox, free from cat litter. (There is an exercise area filled with sand near the playground and the kids built their castles there but I also see cats loitering around and *gulp* I think those guys also do their business in the same territory. I'm not taking any chances)

And we are going to bake some cookies the next coming weekend! Chloe's very own cookies. :)

Me and my big plans.... ;p

1 comment:

j-dee said...

Chloe looks like she is having a ball! I think Sera would love to join her in her 'do-do' pool. And cookies .... yum. Remember our green tea cookies??? Ha ha. Seems so long ago.