Saturday, June 21, 2008

Mammy

About a 3 weeks ago, Chloe started calling me 'Mammy'. It was 'ma' pause then 'ma' and soon became 'ma..mmy'. The first time it she said mammy, she was with Simon, asking him where is her mammy. The first time I heard her calling me mammy, I went dizzy with joy, my heart melted and my knee went soft and I'm willing to pluck the star for her if she ask me to. Happy beyond words.

The first thing she said every morning when she woke up 'Mammy, where?' Isn't it the sweetest thing, to be missed by someone every morning the moment they open their eyes.

And these past few days, I was having a bad cough so I showed her to cover her mouth if she is coughing too. Yesterday, when she wakes up and hears me coughing, she started imitating me.

Chloe: 'Mammy.' (cough, cough covering her mouth with her hand)

I went into a coughing and laughing fit when Simon told me what happened.


No comments: