Monday, April 14, 2008

All Action, No Talk

Here I am again to rant about Her Majesty, Miss Chloe not calling me mama, mum or mummy, whatever. See, she walks early, action-packed but talks late. I think once the words are out, I would be flooded every second by 'Whys and where' since her favorite game with me now is hide and seek. Yes, she hides almost everything. I found a CD stashed behind the between the sofa, had a good time hunting for her baby cream, gave up and opened a new tub to find it hidden between the bed bumper at night.

So a typical conversation coaxing her to say 'mama' will normally ended with me wanting to strangled myself.

Me: Chloe, can you say mama?

Chloe: (Looks around and rolls her eyes)

Me: Chloe, 'mama' or say 'mummy', pleasseee (looking like a puppy asking for treat)

Chloe: (Shook her head and look away) Dad-dad...

Me: NO! MAMA...

Chloe: PAPA

Me: I'm mama, not PAPA

Chloe: PAPA

Anyway, she said a word today, apart from dad-dad, how magically it sounds.

She was trying to open the packet of Loacker Quatratini wafers when she paused and looked at the picture and utter, 'A-phe... a-phe.' Her first word - apple. I was so thrilled that I almost fell off the sofa.

1 comment:

j-dee said...

Ha ha ... Woman, Sera called pa pa first, before mama. And she also called me papa many times. And worse still, she started to call Johan mama. I guess, to her, papa and mama are the same important person!