Monday, May 7, 2007

The Big Scare

Okay, this is not supposed to be funny. But I guess since we are lucky, really lucky that God is watching and nothing happened, I feel relieved and can laughed about it.

I was surfing the net this afternoon just outside the bedroom, taking a breather since Chloe refused to take her nap and has been real cranky, babbling at the top of her voice for the past 45 mins. All of a sudden, she let out a loud babble not her usual one. I rushed in immediately, she's not on the bed! Argh! My worst 'what if' came true! She rolled off the bed!! She managed to kick off the bolster and pillow then rolled off the bed, land on top of the 2 pillows and slid down underneath the bed. So, I found her tummy down, hands pushing herself up giving me a sheepish smile. I carry her out and try to calm her but I was more terrified and worried by her fall than she was. Simon stormed up from the dining room and started cooing over her, making sure that she did not hurt herself.

The very next minute, Simon went about dismantling her baby cot from the nursery and brought it down into our room. She did not fell off her own bassinet but from our queen sized bed but for safety reasons, we brought the big cot down cos I caught her trying to climb out from her playpen bassinet.

And Chloe, she's not the least affected at all, as if nothing had happened. This girl!

No comments: