Sunday, May 25, 2008

Chloe's First Musical

Dora's Pirate Adventure! We are not a fan of Dora at all (ahem, ;p), but Sera is. To introduce our Mickey Mouse fanatic to Dora, we bought the DVD to show her who Dora is. Sigh, she walked off 5 minutes after the I played the DVD and I ended up watching it. How? She doesn't like Dora, what happened if she walked off during the show?

Okay, I was so excited and a little worried. Well, I watched my first musical in my 20's and this little girl is just 19 months old. Gulp! What happened if she started bawling because of the loudness (we are 4 rows from the stage)? Will she be frightened when they off the lights? Freaked out by the overwhelming crowd....the list goes on, so many unnecessary worries. She proved me all wrong, my little girl was so at home, so engrossed with the show even though she may not know who Dora is or what the story is about.

2 very happy girls with little paper flag. Sera definitely can't wait for the show to start, she is the biggest fan of Dora.

The stage. Yes, we are so near and I was hopping the characters might jumped off the stage to mingle with the audience. No such luck. :( I want a picture with Dora, Swiper and the fat monkey (eh, what's his name?)

Not sure who is more excited, Chloe or me.

Pirate Piggies in action

See, she loves the musical.

The big ship sails on the ali-ali-o...

Chloe was so attentive and into the whole show, her eyes are glued to the stage, enjoying every single scene. I must say I'm really impressed with her. :) I can't imagine what will happened if it's Mickey Mouse and gang on stage instead. She might just climbed onto the stage during intermission. Haha...

At the end of the show, they fired confetti and streamer which made all the children ran to the front of the stage. Chloe joined in and had her share of fun picking and pulling the streamer from the other children.

What an experience... another one one the way, Barney.

No comments: